PETALING JAYA: The Foreign Ministry has confirmed that there have been no reports of Malaysians involved in the Finsbury Park attack in London.
In a statement on Monday, the ministry advised Malaysians residing around the area to remain vigilant and abide by the instructions of the local authorities.
“So far there have been no reports of Malaysians involved in the incident. The Malaysian High Commission in London is in close contact with the local authorities and is currently providing timely updates to the Malaysian community in the city over the incident,” it said.
The statement also called for those in need of assistance to contact the High Commission at +44(0)2072424308 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ministry said the Government condemned the attack on innocent civilians at the Finsbury Park mosque.
“It is particularly disconcerting as it seemed to be particularly targeted at worshippers just finishing their prayers during the holy month of Ramadan. Malaysia hopes the perpetrators will be brought to justice,” it added.
A van ploughed into a crowd of people near the mosque early Monday, leaving one person dead and injuring 10 others in the second terror attack this month in the British capital.
The 48-year-old driver of the van was detained by people at the scene before being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.