LOS ANGELES, Nov 9 — Charlie Sheen has responded to a report that he allegedly raped Corey Haim when the late actor was 13 years old and Sheen was 19.
“Charlie Sheen categorically denies these allegations,” a rep for Sheen told The Hollywood Reporter.
The former Two-and-a-Half Men star worked with Haim on the 1986 film Lucas.
Haim’s longtime friend, actor Dominick Brascia, was among the dozens of sources who told the National Enquirer that Sheen sexually assaulted Haim during that film’s production.
A confidant close to Sheen was quoted as telling the magazine that the Platoon actor had said he had a liaison with Haim, but said it was consensual.
The report also said that the Lost Boys actor’s closest friend, Corey Feldman, alluded to the alleged incident in his book Coreyography: A Memoir.
“At some point during the filming [of Lucas, Haim] explained an adult male convinced him it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was ‘‘what all guys do,’ Feldman wrote.
“So, they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers during a lunch break for the cast and crew,” continued Feldman, “and Haim, innocent and ambitious as he was, allowed himself to be sodomised.”
Feldman never named Sheen as the man in the incident.
But in 2011, according to the Enquirer, when Feldman was asked about Sheen he said: “I’m not a huge fan of Charlie Sheen… especially the way he’s affected other people that I know.”
Last week, Feldman said during an appearance on the Today Show that he knew of a report coming out in the National Enquirer about a story related to a Hollywood sex predator.
Haim’s name has been in the news recently after his mother pushed back on stories from Feldman about the late actor being abused by a Hollywood paedophile ring, which Feldman claims he also fell victim to.
The duo who were known as The Two Coreys to fans worked on several movies together in the 80s.
Haim who spent most of his adult life battling an addiction to drugs died of pneumonia at the age of 38 in 2010.
Los Angeles police yesterday confirmed that an investigation had been opened into Feldman’s accusations.
It should be noted, however, that the statute of limitations for the alleged incidents on the set of Lucas have long expired.