Priyanka Chopra ‘one of the most powerful women in media’, according to Forbes
LOS ANGELES, Nov 3 — Priyanka Chopra has been named one of the most powerful women in media and entertainment by Forbes magazine.
Apart from her acting prowess, Chopra is also well known for her contributions as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador.
She placed 15th on the prestigious list that also includes the likes of Beyonce (No. 4), Taylor Swift (No. 12) and JK Rowling (No. 13).
In first place is Vogue’s editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Forbes compiles the annual list based on money earned, media mentions and general influence.
So why Chopra?
According to Forbes, “Chopra and is arguably the most successful Bollywood actor to cross over to Hollywood. As the star of ABC’s Quantico, she’s one of TV’s highest-earning actresses and the first Indian actor to lead a drama series on American television.”
Here’s the list in full:
- Anna Wintour — artistic director, Conde Nast
- Bonnie Hammer – chair, NBCUniversal
- Stacey Snider – chair/CEO, 20th Century Fox
- Beyonce Knowles-Carter – singer
- Margarita Simonyan – editor-in-chief, RT news channel (Russia)
- Dana Walden – CEO, Fox Television Group
- Katharine Viner – editor-in-chief, Guardian
- Donna Langley – chair, Universal Pictures
- Zanny Minton Beddoes — editor-in-chief, The Economist
- Kathleen Kennedy — president, Lucasfilms
- Arianna Huffington — co-founder, Huffington Post
- Taylor Swift — singer
- JK Rowling — author
- Shobhana Bhartia — chair, HT Media
- Priyanka Chopra — actor/UN goodwill ambassador