LOS ANGELES, Nov 8 — The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) said it has started investigation into allegations by Corey Feldman that he was sexually abused while working as a child actor in Hollywood, Xinhua news agency reported.
Feldman has filed a report, but there is no further information so far, a spokesperson of LAPD was quoted by local media Tuesday as saying.
The 46-year-old actor tweeted dozens of times yesterday, asking for protection and support.
“The LAPD will begin an official investigation now! Things are heating up. I am praying for safety!” Feldman tweeted.
He said that he is afraid of “The very powerful men who don’t want to be exposed” and he needs armed guards to protect him.
The star of such 1980s movies including The Goonies, Stand by Me and The Lost Boys announced that he made a formal report to police that he was sexually abused while working as a child actor in Hollywood.
He also claimed that that other child stars of his era were also abused.
Last week, on a talk show, Feldman revealed the identities of two alleged child molesters he claimed took advantage of him and other adolescent screen stars years ago.
He said he reported the molestation in 1993 to Santa Barbara police, where many Hollywood stars live, but the police department turned off the recording device when he revealed the suspects’ names. — Bernama