SHAH ALAM, Nov 10 — Permatang state assemblyman from Barisan Nasional (BN) Datuk Sulaiman Abdul Razak is prepared to be a witness if the state government agrees to investigate his allegation that false identification cards were used in land allotment in Kampung Sungai Yu, Tanjong Karang.
He said he was willing to provide information on the issue to the Selangor Select Committee on Competency, Accountability and Transparency (SELCAT).
“Mentri Besar (Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali) in his supporting reply to the Exco during his winding-up (at the State Legislative Assembly) yesterday (Wednesday) said the State Government would investigate, and if true (what was brought up), the approval for the allotment would be cancelled.
“As such, I urge not to wait for the police or Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to investigate, I ask the Mentri Besar to investigate based on SELCAT’s powers in the Dewan,” he said in a media conference held at the State Legislative Assembly building here yesterday.
Sulaiman had previously alleged that the land had not been given to the original residents of the area but to applicants who were not eligible.
The issue was brought up when he participated in the debate on the 2018 Selangor Budget and the Supply Bill last Tuesday.
Indian residents of Kampung Sungai Yu had urged the Selangor Mentri Besar to withdraw the allotment of 153 lots of land under the village land planning scheme as he claimed there was nepotism and abuse of power. —Bernama