GEORGE TOWN, Jan 12 – Penangites affected by the November 5 floods who missed applying for the state government’s one-off RM700 flood aid can submit their applications on January 15 onwards.
Penang Bangkit flood aid coordinator and Pulau Tikus assemblyman Yap Soo Huey said the registration for the one-off payment will be from January 15 until January 31.
“We are opening application for the aid again for those who were not able to apply for it last year,” she said in a press conference at the Penang chief minister’s office today.
She stressed that this is only meant for those who had not applied for the one-off payment last year, as those who had applied and already received the money will not be able to apply again.
Only those affected by floods in which their properties or vehicles were damaged during the disaster are eligible to apply, she added.
This time around, applicants must bring the relevant documents to apply for the aid at their respective assemblyman service centre or district offices as there will not be any online applications.
“The documents they are required to bring included their identity cards, a copy of their bank book or bank statement, vehicle registration card if they are applying for damage to their vehicles or business registration if they are applying for their places of business affected by the floods,” she said.
Earlier, Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said a total of RM35 million was approved for 49,978 households in Penang under the Penang Bangkit’s one-off flood aid payment.
The one-off payment was distributed and banked in to applicants in December last year.